The National Executive met in Ottawa from October 10th to 14th, 2018. Prior to the actual meeting dates of October 12th to 14th, each NE member attended their respective sub-committee meeting.
- By-Laws Committee
- Finance Committee
- Mental Health Committee
As well as a full day of work with their sub-committee, the NE also held a full day of training on the presentation of Level 2 grievances and staffing complaints.
The NE meeting itself started at 9 a.m. on Friday, October 12th and went until 12 noon on Sunday, October 14th. Many discussions and decisions were held during this meeting.
Some of the highlights of this meeting are as follows:
- Creating a working group in order to develop a strategic plan within the next 3 months in regards to Phoenix grievances
- Adjustments were made to the Financial Guidelines
- Mergers of 6 locals (2 in Ontario, 2 in Quebec, and 2 in Manitoba)
- Updates to Regulations 3, 8, 13, and 22
- Updates to the Resolutions of Record Booklet
- Modification to the Unjust Profiling Policy and Statement
- Selection of the 2018 Scholarships recipients
- Discussions on Phoenix, Essential Services Agreement and Front-End members security risks
These are just a few of the issues that was discussed. A letter from the National President will be sent shortly to all Local Presidents in regards to Regulation 22 – which is the Regulation governing the Local By-Laws.
The National President and the National Executive Vice-President both presented their reports which can be found by clicking below on each of the reports:
The National Executive will be holding a conference call in the very near future in order to deal with the remaining items that were on the agenda of their October meeting.
Your National Executive is hard at work for its members.