The CEIU National Executive (NE) met in Ottawa from February 7th to 10th, 2023 with the By-Laws and the Finance Committee meeting on February 6th to prepare their committee reports.
The Sprint 2023 meeting was the last in-person NE meeting before the 2023 CEIU Convention.
The National Executive adopted the following recommendations:
- To update CEIU Policy 29—Environmental Sensitivities
- To update CEIU Policy 4—Family Care Policy
- To submit seven resolutions to the 2023 CEIU National Convention on behalf of the NE
- To merge Local 549 to 553 in Ontario Region
- To remove Local 70,707 from the NCR, from under trusteeship
- To update CEIU Policy 17—Telework
- To update CEIU Regulation 18
- To hold the 2026 CEIU National Convention in Vancouver at the Hyatt Regency Hotel
- To update CEIU Policy 26—Funding members to attend conferences
- To have CEIU Policy 5 reviewed by a National Union Representative before the Fall 2023 NE meeting
- To update CEIU Policy 24
- That five (5) CEIU scholarships, each for $5,000, are given out to the recipients who qualified
The NE also did a budget analysis and made referrals to the Finance Committee for some changes. A subsequent meeting of the NE by Zoom will be held to review the updated copy of the budget with all the referrals that were made.
Discussions were also held on a plan for strike pay payment to our members who, if a strike is called, will be on the picket lines supporting their union.
The following reports were also received and can be read by clicking on the report below.
- Report of the National President
- Report of the National Executive Vice-President
- Report of the NVP for NB/PEI
- Report of the NVP for NL/NS
- Report of the NVP for IRB
- Report of the NVP for MAN/SASK
- Report of the NVP for IRCC
- Report of the NVP for HRRR
- Report of the National Call Centre Committee
- Report of the National Young Workers Committee
Your National Vice-Presidents are there to assist their members. Their contact information is available on the CEIU website.