Since the last update was posted on our site in December 2021, CEIU has held three meetings with the ESDC Labour Relations team, on January 18, April 7 and June 16, 2022, to monitor the files being processing. Here are the highlights of those meetings:
- The ESDC Compensation Services Division confirmed on June 16, 2022 that the 1,613 files identified for reclassification were processed and payments were made by the Compensation Services team.
- We refer here to current incumbents (since September 13, 2018) of positions involving pension and integrity operations who are affected by the new Program Services Officer (PM-01) job description, whose salaries were adjusted from CR-04 to PM-01, and who did not file a grievance.
- We also refer here to current incumbents, since September 13, 2018, who were matched with the job description of Program Services Officer (PM-01) of positions involving pension or integrity operations, who filed a grievance.
- Lastly, for members who filed a grievance regarding the content of the job description for their PSDC position between 2008 and September 13, 2018, but who left their position before September 13, 2018.
- The ESDC Compensation Services Division also informed us that it is currently unable to provide the compensation consultation services that had been planned since the start of this reclassification project. These services included contact with the employee (or former employee) and the implementation of a complete file reconciliation process. The ESDC Compensation Services Division mentioned, to explain that about-face, that it had to work on other types of files, adding that the program for complete review of the files is not yet ended, with the result that it does not know when it will be able to go ahead and contact the people involved.
- CEIU is well aware that these latest developments are not good news. A number of members who received salary adjustments and retroactive payments have been waiting to be contacted to receive explanations and/or breakdowns of the amounts received, even more so in the case of members who no longer work at ESDC and no longer have access to pay stubs.
- The ESDC Compensation Services Division then suggested that those involved call the Pay Centre ‒ Client Contact Centre directly at 1-855-686-4729 or visit the website of the Client Contact Centre - Canada.ca (tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca) for the details they require. CEIU recommended that they have a reference number handy to help the Pay Centre staff direct client requests effectively, but in vain.
For retired members whose retroactive payments have an impact on the amount of their pension, the ESDC Compensation Services Division reiterated to us that it automatically sent payment information to the federal Pension Centre so that the members’ pensions would be adjusted accordingly and the files would be processed automatically by their system or manually for more complex files. When CEIU confirmed that members were still waiting for their pensions to be adjusted, despite receiving their amounts months before, the ESDC recommended that they call the Government of Canada Pension Centre directly at 1-800-561-7930 orvisit the website of the Government of Canada Pension Centre - Pension Services - Pay and Pension Services for Government Employees - PSPC (tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca). Once again, CEIU recommended that they have a reference number handy to help the Pension Centre staff direct client requests effectively, but to no avail.
- We will continue to monitor progress in the ESDC Labour Relations file. We will keep you informed of developments.
- Regarding the policy grievance filed on March 29, 2019 opposing the employer’s decision not to consider all the members who performed the duties of Program Services Officer (PM-01) in positions involving pension or integrity operations, we are still, despite our efforts, awaiting a Treasury Board hearing date. We will keep you informed of the next steps.
Continue to check the CEIU website for new updates concerning this matter.