Since the last update was posted on our site in December 2020, CEIU has held three meetings with the ESDC Labour Relations team on February 4 and 25 and on April 7, 2021, to monitor the file processing. Here are the highlights of these meetings:
- For current incumbents who have held, since September 13, 2018 or later, a position involving pension or integrity operations, and to whom the new Program Services Officer (PM-01) job description applies, whose salaries have not yet been adjusted from CR-04 to PM-01 and who had not filed a grievance, Compensation is continuing to process the completed files. Out of the 948 files received, 948 have received their salary adjustments and 880 their retroactive payments. Compensation is processing the remaining 68 files.
- On March 24, 2020, 14 individuals had still not replied whether they intend to claim a tax exemption. To avoid holding up your files, we recommend that the relevant members reply as quickly as possible to the department as soon as a decision is made.
- For current incumbents who have held, since September 13, 2018, a position to which the Program Services Officer (PM-01) (pension or integrity operations) job description applies. Incumbents who have filed a grievance. For 83 of the 85 completed files sent to Compensation, 80 of them have received their salary adjustments and retroactive payments. Finally, EDSC is processing the remaining files.
- For members who filed grievances regarding the job description of their PSDC position between 2008 and September 13, 2018, but who left their position before September 13, 2018. We are talking about approximately 422 individuals. Compensation has received 312 completed files to process, and 208 individuals have received retroactive payments. At the same time, ESDC is completing the signing process for 47 other files, and they are awaiting 17 responses from complainants in other files. For the remaining of the files to be processed, ESDC continues to send the documentation to the relevant individuals. Finally, ESDC is in contact with the families to process the 21 or so inheritance files (members who are deceased).
- ESDC and Compensation maintain their goal of finalizing most remaining cases and at the same time making payments by June 30, 2021.
- We recommend that members who receive payments to not immediately contact Compensation to obtain a breakdown of the amounts received as they will receive consulting services on compensation in 2021. In this way, Compensation employees can continue to work to pay the remaining members. In addition, for retired members, it is necessary to highlight that Compensation will forward information on payments to the Federal Pension Centre so that members’ pensions are adjusted accordingly. It is consequently not necessary to contact the Pension Centre as this will be done automatically. As soon as the adjustments are carried out, the Pension Centre will inform the relevant members in writing. We are awaiting the delay that is necessary for the processing of these files and we will keep you informed with a new update.
- We will continue to monitor the progress of the file processing with the ESDC Labour Relations team and will keep you informed.
- With respect to the policy grievance filed on March 29, 2019 to denounce the employer’s decision not to consider all members who carried out Pension and Integrity related operations as Program Services Officer (PM-01), we are still awaiting a hearing date with Treasury Board in spite of our follow-up attempts. We will keep you informed regarding the next steps.
Please continue to check the CEIU website for more updates.