Since the last update was posted on our site in October 2020, CEIU has held two meetings with the ESDC Labour Relations team on November 5 and December 24, 2020, to monitor the file processing. Here are the highlights of these meetings:
- For current incumbents who have held, since September 13, 2018 or later, a position involving pension or integrity operations, and to whom the new Program Services Officer (PM-01) job description applies, whose salaries have not yet been adjusted from CR-04 to PM-01 and who had not filed a grievance, Compensation is continuing to process the completed files. Out of the 916 files received, 838 have received their salary adjustments and 825 their retroactive payments. Several new files will be processed in the January 20, 2021 pay period and the following pay period. Finally, the 32 remaining files out of 948 are being processed by EDSC.
- As at December 16, 2020, 9 individuals had still not replied whether they intend to claim a tax exemption. To avoid holding up your files, we recommend that the relevant members reply as quickly as possible to the government department as soon as a decision is made.
- For current incumbents who have held, since September 13, 2018, a position to which the Program Services Officer (PM-01) (pension or integrity operations) job description applies. Incumbents who have filed a grievance. For 81 of the 85 completed files sent to Compensation, 76 of them have received their salary adjustments and retroactive payments. 5 other files will be processed in the January 20, 2021 pay period or the following pay period. Finally, the 4 remaining files out of 85 are being processed by EDSC.
- For members who filed grievances regarding the job description of their PSDC position between 2008 and September 13, 2018, but who left their position before September 13, 2018. We are talking about approximately 560 individuals. EDSC is ready to complete the signing process for 93 files and 37 are awaiting answers from the members who filed grievances. At the same time, Compensation has received 177 completed files to process and 50 individuals have received retroactive payments. For the remaining files to be handled, EDSC is continuing to send documentation to the relevant individuals and plans to complete the process by March 31, 2021. EDSC plans to start working on the +/- 20 succession files (deceased members) in the first quarter of 2021.
- EDSC maintains its goal to finalize the large majority of files to send them to Compensation by March 31, 2021. Compensation aims to issue the payments for these files by June 30, 2021.
- We recommend that members who receive payments do not immediately contact Compensation to obtain a breakdown of the amounts received as they will receive consulting services on compensation in 2021. In this way, Compensation employees can continue to work to pay the remaining members. In addition, for retired members, it is necessary to highlight that Compensation will forward information on payments to the Federal Pension Centre so that members’ pensions are adjusted accordingly. It is consequently not necessary to contact the Pension Centre as this will be done automatically. As soon as the adjustments are carried out, the Pension Centre will inform the relevant members in writing.
- We will continue to monitor the progress of the file processing with the ESDC Labour Relations team and will keep you informed.
- With respect to the policy grievance filed on March 29, 2019 to denounce the employer’s decision not to consider all members who carried out Pension and Integrity related operations as Program Services Officer (PM-01), we are still awaiting a hearing date with Treasury Board in spite of our follow-up attempts. We will keep you informed regarding the next steps.
Please continue to check the CEIU website for more updates.