With the present pandemic, the CEIU National Executive (NE) held their meeting by videoconferencing with ZOOM, on June 25th and 26th, and resumed on July 17th and 20th. For four (4) hours on each of these four (4) days, the NE was hard at work for its membership.
A number of minutes of previous NE meeting were approved at this meeting and are now available on the CEIU website at www.ceiu-seic.ca under the folder ‘Minutes’. Those approved minutes are as follows:
- December 19th, 2019 NE conference call
- May 6th, 2020 NE conference call
- May 20th, 2020 NE conference call
- May 27th, 2020 NE conference call
- June 3rd, 2020 NE conference call
- June 10th, 2020 NE conference call
We invite you to go and read what your National Executive has been working on. Contact your Local President or a member of your Local Executive to be provided with a password to access all of the NE minutes.
The minutes of this meeting will be approved at the next NE meeting, but below you will find a summary of the decisions that were made during the June-July National Executive meeting:
- The Mental Health Committee will be sending out electronic information cards that will be showing excerpts from their survey which had been sent out to the members as well as having reference to the CIEU Mental Health website page. These cards will be sent to the locals and to members that have provided their personal email to CEIU but will also be posted on the CEIU website.
- Regulations, for some of the Committees that are not yet listed as a Regulation. will be created for each of these committees based on their mandates and will become regulations in the CEIU Regulations Booklet. These Committees include the By-Laws Committee, the Finance Committee, the IRCC Advisory Committee, the IRB Advisory Committee and the National Call Centre Committee
- The title of Regulation 2 will be changed to read: Regulation governing the nomination and election of CEIU delegates to the PSAC Convention/PSAC Conferences and will now contain information on the PSAC Conferences.
- All delegates, which includes those from electoral districts and those from the HRRR Committee to the CEIU Convention will now be considered as potential members to sit on the Convention Resolutions Committee for their respective region. Prior to this, only the delegates from electoral districts could be selected to sit on Resolutions Committee. This left the HRRR delegates not able to participate on any of the Resolutions Committee. Contact your respective Regional NVP if you wish to be considered for one of the three (3) Convention Resolutions Committees.
- A review, in the next three months, will be conducted by the By-Laws Committee of the most recent electronic NVP and A/NVP electoral process.
The following reports can be viewed immediately by clicking on the specific link below:
- Report of the National President
- Report of the National Executive Vice-President
- Report of the NVP for Human Rights
- Report of the NVP for IRCC
- Report of the NVP for IRB
- Report of the NVP for NCR
- Report of the NVP for Ontario – Paula Woodcock
- Report of the NVP for Quebec – Lyne Cartier
- Report of the NVP for Alberta/NWT/Nunavut
- Report of the NVP for MAN/SASK
- Report of the NVP for NL/NS
If the National Executive is able to have an in-person meeting, depending on the directive at that time, the next meeting of the National Executive will be held in Ottawa either the 1st week of October or the 3rd week of November 2020.
Your National Executive is there for their members. If you have any concerns or questions, do not hesitate to contact your respective regional NVP(s) or your departmental NVP(s) or any of the equity NVP(s).